Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cherry Cheese Coffeecake


I had a dream last night about french fries. They were falling from the sky and landing all around me in piles. They were the fat, crunchy, seasoned kind. What does this mean? Is it a sign??



I went to Ikea yesterday. I almost didn't leave. I wanted to stay there forever and sleep on their adorable beds and eat Swedish meatballs and chocolate at their adorable tables for the remainder of my days.

But then I remembered the cherries that were waiting for me at home, and I knew that I could never follow through with my plan. The cherries were calling me.


Cherry Cheese Coffeecake
This is great to make the night before and keep in the fridge for breakfast in the morning.

1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
6 tablespoons melted butter
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Filling:

1 cup softened cream cheese (I softened it in the microwave)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 t vanilla
1 egg
1 cup halved and pitted sweet cherries

Preheat the oven to 375ยบ.
Liberally butter a springform pan.
Mix together the egg, milk, butter, and oil in a bowl.
In a separate bowl mix together the sugar, flour, powder, and salt.
Pour the flour mixture into the egg mixture and stir just until combined.
In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla, and egg until creamy and smooth.
Press half of the flour/egg mixture into the bottom of the springform pan. Top with the cherries, spreading out as evenly as possible. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cherries. Crumble the rest of the flour/egg mixture on top.
Bake for about 40 minutes or until the edges and top are golden brown.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. It's good room temperature, so get it out of the fridge a little before serving.





1 comment:

  1. OH

    MY

    WORD

    I seriously could cry right now because this beautiful creation has disappeared. Even though I did eat most of it- it's still not fair! How can you expect me to live my life if this coffee cake is not in it? Make another one. Tonight! I expect to see it on the counter when I wake up.
    Yours in great sincerity,
    Nemo

    ReplyDelete